Friday, February 12, 2010

Ba gua (dry meat) like no need money

Chinese New Year was one of the most important days in the lunar calender. All the family members gather along to celebrate together. We great each other with some good word definitely not the word starting with "F" that I mentioned last post. A part from that, during the pre-CNY preparation, money was flowing out like tap water. Buy this buy that. All the goods seems like no need money like that. One of the most specific things that the chinese love to get some for chinese new year was the Ba Gua aka dried meat. For me is the same, grabbing a dozen packets of Ba Gua to visit friens and relatives.

This was what happened this afternoon. I was human jamming at the famous Ba Gua stall at Malaysia Wing Heong. Everyone was rushing for the final preparation just like what am I doing. It was a very very sunny hot afternoon, I wan queueing up outside Weng Heong under the sun waitng my turn to place my order for the ba gua. Fml!!! First time in my life queueing up for dry meat.

The crowd. In the photo what you saw just the people outside only. At first I thought only short queue ahead but after my queue reached the door only know there were many more people in front of me. Fuck my life again.

Here was the better picture to show you the crowd. People please don't go there during peak hour especially lunch time if not you will suffer under the sun. Do listen to my advise. Queue for order. Queue for payment. Many of them credit card wasn't working well delayed the cash holder. Thats why the queue for payment was quite long.

Unttil the owner pity us. Treating the queue some mineral water. At least some water to quench the thirst better than nothing right.

Thanks.


My turn to place my order. 9 packets slice please. Of course I am not the one going to sapu all. All there 9 packets are for my relatives one. Oh ya, tomorrow I am going back my hometown. My car will be full of ba gua.

New recipe bacon ba gua. Seems like this new recipe become the people favourites. I also manage to grab one before people finish off. These new things were few ringgit more expensive than the normal one.

Price had increased during the festive season.

9x600g = 5400g


Very obvious. The shop only can earn through their famous bagua not other CNY cookies. Too bad.

During the CNY festival, many pigs had slaughtered to celebrate. Their action was worth for us to pray for them. I wish they wouldn't become the victim for thier coming new life.

  1. A happy pig is living happily in a farm
  2. Before CNY, it was slaughtered by the farmer.
  3. It's body had sent to the factory to produce other stuff.
  4. Ba Guas were ready to consume
That's the life span of a pig.

Happy Chinese New year people, please care your diet, don't eat so many ba gua or you will put on some weight.

2 comments:

Carlcow said...

keep your diet dude!
keep pumping in the gym yo!
happy tiger year!

szemin said...

reminds me of the 'ba gua' advertisement in 'I Not Stupid'.

hahaha!
crazy lah!I mean the queue...
hahaha!