Monday, March 29, 2010

Earth Hour

Earth Hour was a global event hold by the WWF and eventuallu held on the last Saturday of March by asking the household and big organization to close their light and stop using electrical appliance for one hour. Basically is from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm. Kuala Lumpur was one of the city that we should be proud of because it was one of the cities who going to light off.


Last year was the first time I heard about Earth Hour (EH) held in Malaysia. Not only me, I think most of the citizen was the newbie to EH. You know la. Those Malaysians always attracted to new and fresh things one. Everyone was talking about EH. For me, I just followed the crowd. I had bought a ticket from Axcess ticketing and going to attend an event at the new established Cap Square. The main factor that leading me for the event was the exclusive Earth Hour T shirt but I never get it later.

Since Malaysian was only attracted by new happens. That means Earth Hour this year was just like normal days. Not hearing any big event happening around the city. Just knew some of the landmark of Malaysia gone light off for one hour. I only knew 30 minutes before the light gone off. I am a typical Malaysian. This was a very good example that Malaysian only smell new toys.

Since, I got nothing to blog about 2010 Earth Hour. So, let's do some flashback to last year Earth Hour.
Rm10 tickets was bought to join the walk of hope but unfortunately we late for the walk and the most fuck up things was the t shirt had finished issued to the participant. We shouldn't be late. Fuck up.

We still managed to get a cup with candle filling inside.

Provide the lighting during 8.30 - 9.30

Later the cup of candles was put on the floor to form a 60. To show our support to the event.


Me and Teressa camwhoring in front of the candles 60.

To show my full support to the earth hour. I had bought the recycle bag that cost me Rm30. I lost my chance to obtain the t-shirt and I lost my money again to get a recycle bag for souvenir. But later when I reached home, I realized that there were no EH logo on the bag. FML!!!

Eddy @capsquare Earth Hour walk of hope.

That was the bag I bought. I always carry this bag during my college time.

When the lights go off...

It was really dark when the lights go off. The performance still going on although there we no lighting. KL tower that cover by colouful lighting throughout the year was light off also to show full support to the event.

DBKL was not giving any support the street light in KL was still on. At the tallest building in Malaysia was totally light off for the first time. Look carefully onto this picture. The background was our well-known KLCC twin tower. It wasn't disappeared just light off only.

2010 Earth Hour, I thought Malaysia wasn't participating but our country was still on the list. To show my full support I watched TV with my light off. Did Earth Hour giving your any lesson about saving our dieing soon planet or only giving way for those businessman to make a supernormal profit. We were living in Malaysia. So, PROFIT come first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I participated...in my house...lol...

Sharinginfoz said...

earth hour... hmm berjaya atau tak.. entahlah

Gaji Naik Belanja Naik

Berjaya Ke Earth Hour

iamthewitch said...

Eh love your bag! Nice ;)