Saturday, March 20, 2010

Taman Watan Gou Lou Pan Mee

During my younger ages I not really like to have Pan Mee for my meal. You asked me why? I am so sorry I don't have the answer for you right now because the kids always having things that they hate by no reason. But since my mom was a Pan Mee lover, she had affected me to eat those Pan Mee. At first, I thought Pan Mee wasn't nice but until I tried the first sip, I totally down in love with those Pan Mee. I had tried a lot of Pan Mee stall until found this one near my house - Ampang.

This shop was named Gou Lou Pan Mee (tall man Pan Mee). It had become the famous icon among the Ampang Pan Mee outlets. Actually, I had stayed in this area for 13 years but until now only I discovered this stall. Thats true that people said the best things were in front of us but we can't see.

This is the reason why the stall had the name Tall man Pan Mee. The pan mee was cooked by this tall man (I dunno his name) but now the shop was run by her wife that can produce the same product as him. This photo was hard to snap because he seldom appear in the shop.

Enough for those introduction. It is now time to make you hungry.
There were some ingredients that made the pan mee taste better. Deep fried ikan bilis that crunching in your mouth while you were chewing it. The black strips known as MOK YEE was a must ingredient while cooking Pan Mee. Based on my mom explanation, the Mok Yee was good for constipation. No wonder I can shit easily nowadays. Some minced pork vegetables and mushroom had made the pan mee become more perfect. A bowl of nice delicious pan mee need a lot of fresh ingredient with a lot of cooking experience.

Pan Mee was made by flour mixing with some water. In order to produce high quality pan mee some special skill was required. The mee produced by this stall was bouncy and chewy enough. Mixing with the ikan bilis and pork rib soup were a perfect match with those Pan Mee.

Chilli sauce was required to increase your appetite during your meal.

This was another type of pan mee. Actually the overall was same, is just that the shape of that mee was different only. This was the teared pan mee. That means a big portion of flour was hand teared into many small portion. Teared Pan Mee had better chewing feel compare to the above one. But one thing is the teared one made you full faster compare to the normal one.

This was one of the proud of Ampang. The customers was really satisfied for the Pan Mee. You can't find this somewhere else except Taman Watan Gou Lou Pan Mee.

Address : Taman Watan, when you saw a car workshop from the main road just turn in the shop was just ahead. Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Carlcow said...

hungry adi man..

Nikel Khor said...

wow..is relaly a group of 'bee' go eat at there..so crowd d..