Wednesday, March 24, 2010

astro talent quest audition @ federal hotel

First of all, a very very sorry to some of my friend because I was missing out of action for the whole day. Carl, sorry for not coming to tea break with you at Gei Tuck Sek. Because I was at Federal Hotel queueing up for the ATQ audtion. Oppss, not me but my friend. I was just there to support and of course be the driver for a future star.

It was 7 am in the morning. I was rang up by a morning call from Jalan Ipoh. I had forgotten when was the last time the morning sun ray dancing on my face. That was my earliest up from bed since my long lasting holiday started.

Beating the jam and we reached the hotel at 8.15 am. Getting ready for audition. I thought we were quite erly for the audition but we were definitely wrong, there were more contestant that we expected to arrive that time. The queue was long until we couldn't find out where should we start queueing up.


The crowd when we reached Federal Hotel. It was really crazy. Many of them in Malaysia have a dream to become a superstar one day. The corridor to the ballroom was full of people and the voice when people praticing singing. Every corner in the hotel, you can listen to the contestant practicing their song for audition. Even worse in the toilet. I was peeing and I heard someone voice blurting out from one of the bathroom and I feel so bad until my brother cut of the pee even there were still some waste product in it.

Astro are only punctual for their tv programme but not other event. The audition should be start on 9 am sharp but what they did was let us to wait until 10 am only they kick their ass start the audition. As a big event organizer, I think they should try to be must be punctual, so that people won't waste their precious time standing there waiting for the whole day. This was one of the big mistake they had made. I was freaking pissed of when waiting for the audition to start off.

The contestant were submitting their entry form to Astro. Only one counter were open to serve more than 500 contestant. No wonder everybody was standing there and wait. I had do some calculation during the waiting session. We were only moved three step every 10 minutes and we were long long way to reach the counter. They should put a few more counter in order to fasten the whole process not letting people waiting like hell.

At last we reached the banquet hall waiting for the our turn (not mine). We get number 217. That means we need to wait 216 people to reach our turn. Fine!!!

The long time supporting team.

The door to become a star and so the door of failure. This door will lead you to the judge to decide your sruote to be a star. Your journey start from here. If you pass the audition, you will walk out from another place but if you fail to make the cut, this was the place you came out. Your journey start from here or your journey end here.

Lets talk about the competition. This was my friend experience during the audition. When you walk in to the audition room you won't see who was the judge but they will see you. What you need to do was standing in front of the mirror and you sing by looking youself. There was a light there indicating whether you where in or out. Red that means you're out, green that means you're in.

I'm skeptic I need evidence.

There were two judges that judge the contestant. Two judges were sitting in two different rooms. The two judged were well-known in local music so I know their face very well. But the problem was I saw one of the judge walk out from the audition room. WTF. Who are going to judge the constestant who suppose to sing in his room. Izzit the workers there will judge? I am kindda skeptic with this incident. It sounds like not fair to anyone.

Once again I am skeptic I need evidence.

10 comments:

ohmywtf said...

haha.....u should have joined..i have heard of so many stories tat the person who accompanied friends to auditions won the contests :-)

IyouweBlog.com said...

agree wif ohmywtf....

but singing in front of the mirror is so evil.... my thought

nanged u. Have u tried mouse noodles? haven't? nang & try it now!

kumfye said...

yalo...i should have done that...i can make it one..haha...over confident...pula

Sharinginfoz said...

wow... so many people right

kumfye said...

sharingfoz ~ ya...hardly can breath in the crowd...road to be a star wasn't easy...zzz

Carlcow said...

chill la macha. im sure we can make it some other day. haha
what's with the skeptic-evidence carlly quote??? LOL

HouHouSek said...

hahaha dun wry i belanja u the chicken maryland that u want~

kumfye said...

carl ~ chill la...gimme a call when you free...straight fly to kepong if can...

houhousek ~ ok...i am looking forward to it...zzz

zh said...

mana u? ada join keh?

kumfye said...

zh ~ zh=zheng hang??? i kat KL la...tak ada lah...haha