Saturday, April 10, 2010

Farmland Steamboat

Usually Friday nights were the Ampang Gang dinner night. This week Josh was craving for steamboat. It was hard to find a steamboat restaurant near Ampang area except the fucked up one at WaterFront. After more than one hour waiting for Mei, we braced the traffic all the way to Jalan Pudu for steamboat.

We found Farmland Steamboat for our dinner.

After doing some bulky orders, we were now waiting for for the feast to be served.

Some neccessities for steamboat. Long needle mushrooms, crabsticks, eggs, button mushroom, seafood beancurd and dumplings. The carbsticks and the seafood beancurds were the favourite among the food to be boiled. But for the best was the dumplings. One plate was enough for three of us.

Thin sliced pork was one of my favourite. The meat was tender enough while boiling in the sour hot tomyam soup. I finished the whole plate because Josh and Mei weren't pork lover.

Chicken meats were also settled by me in the end of the feast. They called me Bandaraya for whalloping all those remaining food.

Josh favourites mutton until he managed to finish the whole plate by herself. Mutton was not really my cup of tea and I didn't eat much. Mei was complaining the mutton had too strong milk taste. The lady fingers were old and hard but after boling in the soup it become softer and just nice to be consume. When you bite the fingers, the soup that sucked inside while boiling flowing back into your mouth will makes the taste better than ever.

Just normal eggs. Initially we planned to have one person per egg but Josh whalloped all in the end.


Waiting the soup to boil was the toughest part during the steamboat meal because you was too hungry to wait for the soup and the ingredient to be boil. You will suffer I am sure.

Finally the tomyam soup had boiled with the ingredient. The smell of Tomyam making your saliva overflowing. Still wait for what. It was time for dinner.

I was forced to finish all the button mushrooms because no one like it except me. There were 12 button mushrooms playing around inside my stomach. Ouch.

When I settle my bills, I flashed my debit cards for the bills because we had insufficent money to settle the bill. Actually, we never expect that outcome bill will be so expeneive we predicted about rm80 for the whole meal but the bill came out at rm130. Fml. The machine had rejected the card not because of my card problem. That was the machine malfunctioning. I was forced to walk down the Atm kioks nearby to grab some cash to settle the bill. We nearly had to wash dishes at the back alley because we weren't able to pay for the exhorbitant bill. I don't mind walking down the street to seek for Atm because my stomach was bloated I need some excersice to cooldown.

13 comments:

Chester Chin said...

Ooooh looks enticing enough! xD

ohmywtf said...

i had tried it. Personally i think its over rated and yes, over-priced too!

Ken Wooi said...

looks good from here =)

kumfye said...

chester ~ yea true

ohmywtf ~ it is very expensive until i had not enough money to settle the bill and their card machines was not working

kenwooi ~ looks good but taste normal...ur paris disneyland trip was awesome...

jfook said...

I'm going for steambot later too. :P Nanged btw.

kumfye said...

fook ~ enjoy your steamboat dinner...too much dinner will cost you cirit birit...zzz

Coerlly said...

I want steamboat !

Nikel Khor said...

oo...u also a food hunter lai d..nice nice...see u visit my blog

kumfye said...

coerlly ~ steamboat was suitable for nowadays keep on raining weather

nikel ~ dui lo...we all are food hunter...thats why we are malaysian

无修人 said...

Aww beh tahan, the foods look tasty!

kumfye said...

benooi ~ yea true...you should go try that out one day

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Very nice and clear pictures of what goes into your steamboat. Nice, and talk about steamboat, how long have I not had one.... Yo, must get a bite soon!

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.