Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hung Kee Wantan Mee

I was a very common road user at Jalan Loke Yew because almost everyday I need to go there to fetch my brother back from school. I had realized that there were no nice food store in Jalan Loke Yew until I found out this restaurant - Hung Kee. I was stucked in a jam in Jalan Loke Yew and I found out an old restaurant was full of people. Later on, I heard my dad said that was a restaurant that sell Wantan Mee for many years. Yes, I now knew where to have my lunch at Loke Yew. As a wantan mee lover, you cannot resist to try out their wantan mee.


That was an olden style restaurant selling nice wantan mee. If you like traditional feel, you can choose your sit at the non-airconditonal area. If there were 32 celcius out there, you choose to sit at the air-conditional site. I can't live without aircond, so my best pick was the lower site.

Normally, customer there will order a plain mee. The mee just serve with some vegetables on top mixing with soy sauce and black oil. Or you can choose to cooked the mee with soup. But for traditional wantan mee, I recommended you to eat the dry mix style. A big plate just cost you for RM4. I know it wasn't worth to pay just for the mee. But the mee here was chewy and bouncy enough that really worth Rm4.


I knew it was weird eating if wantan mee was without Char Siew (bbq pork). So, what you need to order was a plate of Char Siew and Siew Yok (roasted pork). Not much to say about their Char Siew just left thumb up for it. The meat was soft enough and taste good with the Char Siew sauce. Remember always choose the half fat half meat for your Char Siew. Right thumb up for the Siew Yok due to the crispy pork skin layer.


Wantan Mee without wantan can't called wantan mee. You just need to order a bowl of wantan for plain mee. Their wantan was awesome until I whalloped 15 of them. Basically their wantan was made of minced meat with a little bit prawn inside chopped with minced vegetables. I would like to have 20 for my next visit to that shop.

Let me lead you to Hung Kee

You can see it clearly on your right hand side if you are from the roundabout. If you are from Jalan Maharajarela please make an U- turn under the bridge before the roundabout and you may see the restaurant on your left.

11 comments:

IyouweBlog.com said...

frm the look itself, the noodles is chewy! drooling!

nanged u. Do you know any Chinese restaurant which has Malay customers? nang this

jfook said...

I love Siew Yok...

ohmywtf said...

im there almost once a week to eat the hong siew yu tau!

greenteacarm said...

I love foood !! <3
looks yummy :D im drooling already ! :P

HappySurfer said...

That plate of char siew and siew yoke sure looks yummy. Thanks for stopping by.

Iamthewitch said...

Eh the noodles quite big portion!! For rm4 quite reasonable :) how abt the Siew yoke n char Siew? How much were they? N u could eat a lot! :p

Reanaclaire said...

i know what u meant by bouncy. hahaha.. thanks for information... and coming by.. i will add u in my blog now..

JLean said...

Mm, looks nice. =)

vialentino said...

wow...the wantan noodles and char siew really looks good...delicious...nice site!

SiN P3i said...

nvr been there..hope got chance to go there n try ^^

Anonymous said...

Useful blog website, keep me personally through searching it, I am seriously interested to find out another recommendation of it.